The importance of state-level advocacy cannot be emphasized enough – particularly as implementation of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) and the federal teacher preparation program regulations unfolds throughout the country. As legislation and regulations surrounding teacher licensure, certification, accreditation, clinical practice, performance assessment, program approval, teacher shortages, and more emerge at the state level, AACTE is working hard to ensure members are equipped with the tools and resources necessary to bring educator preparation’s voice to the table for these important deliberations.
The resources made available here and elsewhere on AACTE’s website will help members and state chapters enhance their advocacy capacity through developing foundational and ongoing support for their efforts.
State Advocacy Resources
- State Policymakers Contact Lists
- State Advocacy Tips & Best Practices
- ACSR State Policy Resources
State Policy Tracker
This interactive and searchable tool enables AACTE members and state chapters to easily track legislative and regulatory proposals in their states that affect educator preparation and other related topics.
Key AACTE Partner Organizations
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification (NASDTEC)
- State Higher Education Executive Officers Association (SHEEO)
- Council of State Governments (CSG)
- National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE)
- Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO)
- National Governors Association (NGA)
- Education Commission of the States (ECS)
- National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL)