Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline at CSU Fullerton and Northeastern Illinois University: Lessons From AACTE’s NIC
Thursday, July 27, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. EDT
In this last installment of a four-part webinar series, presenters from California State University, Fullerton and Northeastern Illinois University, two of the 10 teams that comprise the AACTE Black and Hispanic/Latino Male Teachers Initiative Networked Improvement Community (NIC), will discuss their experiences and findings as participants in the NIC process.
Their presentations will highlight how using improvement science as a pathway for investigation has directed – and changed – recruitment and retention practice at their institutions. Their stories will also be featured as case studies in a conceptual framework paper being developed by the NIC for release later this year. Join the webinar for a sneak preview of the paper’s findings and recommendations!
The webinar will include time for Q&A with participants and will be recorded for future reference.
- Ernest Black, Director, CalState TEACH, California State University, Fullerton
- Alberto López-Carrasquillo, Associate Dean & Licensure Officer, Northeastern Illinois University
- Amanda Lester, Associate Director for Member Engagement and Support, AACTE
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline at CSU-Fullerton and Northeastern Illinois University: Lessons From AACTE’s NIC | 28 July, 2017
- Building Teachers’ Cultural and Global Awareness to “Reach and Teach” All Students | 12 April, 2017
- Bringing Content Knowledge for Teaching (CKT) Into the Elementary Mathematics Teacher Education Curriculum | 30 March, 2017
- Bringing Content Knowledge for Teaching (CKT) Into the Elementary English Language Arts Teacher Education Curriculum | 29 March, 2017