Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline at Florida Atlantic University and the University of St. Thomas: Lessons From AACTE’s NIC
Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 2:30-3:30 p.m. EST
This webinar is the second in a series to highlight experiences and findings from the 10 teams that comprise the AACTE Black and Hispanic/Latino Male Teachers Initiative Networked Improvement Community (NIC). In this installment, NIC team leaders from the University of St. Thomas and Florida Atlantic University will discuss the path of inquiry guiding the NIC’s process and how that has directed – and changed – recruitment and retention practice at their institutions. Their stories will also be featured as case studies in a theoretical framework paper being developed by the NIC for release in 2017.
As always, the webinar will include time for Q&A and will be recorded for future reference.
- Nanette Missaghi, Director, Collaborative Urban Educator Program, University of St. Thomas
- Patricia Heydet-Kirsch, Assistant Dean, Accreditation and Assessment, Florida Atlantic University
- Ea Porter, Enrollment Adviser, University of St. Thomas
- Amanda Lester and Omar Davis, AACTE
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Webinar: Leveraging Community Resources to Strengthen Clinical Practice for New Principals: Investigation Techniques for School Safety | 21 February, 2018
- Singing the Same Tune on National Accreditation (For Board Members Only) | 15 February, 2018
- Webinar: Principals as Transformation Leaders: Support for New Leaders | 19 December, 2017
- Webinar: Principals as Transformation Leaders: High-Quality Preservice Preparation | 30 November, 2017