Diversifying the Teacher Pipeline at Florida Atlantic University and the University of St. Thomas: Lessons From AACTE’s NIC
Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 2:30-3:30 p.m. EST
This webinar is the second in a series to highlight experiences and findings from the 10 teams that comprise the AACTE Black and Hispanic/Latino Male Teachers Initiative Networked Improvement Community (NIC). In this installment, NIC team leaders from the University of St. Thomas and Florida Atlantic University will discuss the path of inquiry guiding the NIC’s process and how that has directed – and changed – recruitment and retention practice at their institutions. Their stories will also be featured as case studies in a theoretical framework paper being developed by the NIC for release in 2017.
As always, the webinar will include time for Q&A and will be recorded for future reference.
- Nanette Missaghi, Director, Collaborative Urban Educator Program, University of St. Thomas
- Patricia Heydet-Kirsch, Assistant Dean, Accreditation and Assessment, Florida Atlantic University
- Ea Porter, Enrollment Adviser, University of St. Thomas
- Amanda Lester and Omar Davis, AACTE
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Washington Week Webinar - 4-18-2019 | 25 April, 2019
- AACTE April 2019 Federal Update Webinar | 25 April, 2019
- Webinar - Education Students and Diversity: A Review of New Evidence | 7 March, 2019
- Supporting Novice Principals on the Job: Principal Preparation for the Complexity of the Work | 12 December, 2018