How Accrediting Organizations and Standards Can Improve Principal Quality
Wednesday, October 5, 1:00-2:00 p.m. EDT
What is the role of accreditation program reviews and other professional feedback in improving principal development? The field is shaped by a variety of important linkages among key stakeholders, including but also extending beyond the university and school district.
This webinar will feature faculty, district partners, and representatives of state and national accrediting groups discussing how they all can collaborate to define accomplished practice, refine models and methods for effective leader development, and raise the bar for educator quality and program improvement. Join them in considering the effect of major state interventions for principal preparation programs, such as Illinois recently undertook, and learn about new assessments under development for the new Professional Standards for Educational Leaders and their correlate for preparation programs, the National Educational Leadership Preparation standards.
- Tim Finklea, AACTE, moderator
- Penney McRoy, Georgia State Standards Board
- Deb Eldridge, CAEP consultant
- Kendra Washington-Bass, Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Jami Royal Berry, Georgia State University
- Pamela Tucker, University of Virginia
AACTE is grateful for support from The Wallace Foundation for this webinar series.
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Washington Week Webinar - 4-18-2019 | 25 April, 2019
- AACTE April 2019 Federal Update Webinar | 25 April, 2019
- Webinar - Education Students and Diversity: A Review of New Evidence | 7 March, 2019
- Supporting Novice Principals on the Job: Principal Preparation for the Complexity of the Work | 12 December, 2018