Supporting Novice Principals on the Job: Working Together to Improve Preparation
Thursday, October 18, 3:00 – 4:00 p.m. EDT
In this introductory webinar of a four-part series, you will learn about Colorado State University’s School Leadership Institute designed to identify effective ways to support principals in their critical first year on the job. Although university support for new school leaders often ends with graduation, novice principals need ongoing professional development and can benefit from continued connections with their preservice preparation programs. The Institute convened early-career principals to identify practices and support structures needed for graduates beyond university-based preparation programs. Presenters will share the outcomes and feedback from these discussions on how to better prepare school principals and how universities can help keep the connection with alumni vibrant and relevant.
This webinar will include time for Q&A. It will also be recorded and available for future viewing.
- Donna Cooner, Ed.D., Professor, School of Education, Colorado State University
- Wendy Forthergill, Ph.D. Assistant Professor and Coordinator of Principal Licensure, School of Education, Colorado State University
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Washington Week Webinar - 4-18-2019 | 25 April, 2019
- AACTE April 2019 Federal Update Webinar | 25 April, 2019
- Webinar - Education Students and Diversity: A Review of New Evidence | 7 March, 2019
- Supporting Novice Principals on the Job: Principal Preparation for the Complexity of the Work | 12 December, 2018