May 2018 Federal Update (Members Only)
Wednesday, May 23, 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EDT
It may be an election year, but things are not slowing down yet in D.C. This AACTE-member-exclusive webinar will bring you up to speed on activity related to federal funding, keeping open access to the Internet (net neutrality), DACA, and more. Learn about how this year’s election is pivotal at the state and federal levels for 2020 (not just for the presidential election) and what advocacy actions you can take moving forward to engage in your democracy.
Will the Higher Education Act get reauthorized? Will federal programs that support educator preparation get funded? Listen in and then get your questions answered.
This webinar will be recorded and posted along with presentation slides in the AACTE Resource Library. Visit the federal page of the AACTE Advocacy Center for quick access to past Federal Update webinars.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Senior Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Previous Webinars & Resources
- Social and Emotional Learning, Cultural Competence, and Equity in Teacher Preparation
- The Challenges and Successes of Principal Recruitment and Retention
- State Policy Webinar Series
- Federal Update Webinar Series
- Webinar - Staying Engaged with Advocacy in the Summer