Tuesday, October 16, 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. EDT
For so many in the profession, we hear about advocacy and know of its importance, and yet we fail to engage. We’re busy. We’ve got papers to grade, classes to prepare, paperwork to fill out. Action alert opportunities come and go, policies are written and implemented. The voices of our colleagues and others involved in educator preparation are often not heard. Yet the profession lives with the consequences. If you are still on the fence about the why or how to advocate, please attend this introductory webinar highlighting reasons to advocate and the easy-to-use AACTE resources that will help you become an effective advocate on behalf of educator preparation and make your voice heard.
This webinar will include time for Q&A. It will also be recorded and available for future viewing.
Members of the AACTE Government Relations and Advocacy Committee:
- Trish Parrish, Lindsey Wilson College
- Larry Daniel, The Citadel
- Beth Giles-Klinkner, University of Wisconsin Madison
- Raymond “Donny” Lee, Harding University
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA