National Portrait: Deep Dive on Education Degree Trends
Thursday, September 13, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
AACTE’s recent report Colleges of Education: A National Portrait documents the declining number of education degrees being awarded at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Dig into the report’s rich store of data with author Jacqueline King to review recent and historical trends, understand the specializations in which students are earning degrees, and contextualize enrollment in education programs within broader trends in higher education. Consider what analyses colleges might conduct to better understand their own enrollment data and trends.
This free webinar will include time for participant discussion and Q&A. It will also be recorded and available for future viewing.
Presenter: Jacqueline King, Ph.D.
Call for Entries: 2020 AACTE Awards
Award winners will be honored at the 2020 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 28 – March 1 in Atlanta, Georgia, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA
- 2022 – March 4-6, New Orleans Marriott | New Orleans, LA
- 2023 – February 25-27, JW Marriott Indianapolis | Indianapolis, IN
Annual Meeting Site Selection Procedures
AACTE considers many factors in determining its future locations for the Annual Meeting, which brings together over 2,000 individuals in the educator preparation field each year. These factors include but are not limited to geographic and cultural diversity, attendee cost, available meeting space, and social justice considerations.
The following priorities guide Annual Meeting site selection:
- Selection of a site 4-5 years in advance.
- Rotation among U.S. regions, with at least one western region destination every five years.
- Urban destination with accessible airlift, affordable airfare, and local travel infrastructure.
- Available dates that coincide with AACTE's preferred time frame of late February or early March.
- Favorable antidiscrimination and accessibility policies, including those related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, physical ability, health conditions, socioeconomic status, and marital, domestic, or parental status.
- Presence of AACTE members in the vicinity of the destination.
- Adequate amount of meeting rooms, exhibit areas, and other space to meet the Annual Meeting's needs.
- Accessibility of facilities/space.
- Compact Annual Meeting footprint.
- Proximity of hotel partners.
- Transportation logistics and cost.
- Sizeable block of rooms available at primary hotels.
- Guest room rates.
- Complimentary facilities or services provided.
- Rental rates for facilities.
- Food and beverage expenditure requirements.
- Labor expenses.
- Audio/visual rental costs.
- Incentives offered by either the destination or its subsidiary partners.