National Portrait: Deep Dive on Student Diversity
Thursday, October 18, 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
The lack of racial/ethnic and gender diversity among students in educator preparation programs continues to be a serious concern in the United States. While AACTE initiatives such as the Holmes Program and the networked improvement community focused on Black and Hispanic/Latino men work to address this challenge, AACTE’s recent report Colleges of Education: A National Portrait documents the latest enrollment demographics from across the country.
Join report author Jacqueline King to take a close look at student demographics at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Do other fields mirror education in their student demographics? How does the student profile vary by type of education program? What are the implications of these findings for the future of colleges of education and for the field generally?
This webinar will include time for participant discussion and Q&A. It will also be recorded and available for future viewing.
Presenter: Jacqueline King, Ph.D.
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
AACTE invites submissions for its 2019 awards!
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
- Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards: October 10, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA