June 2018 Federal Update (Members Only)
Wednesday, June 20, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT
In this exclusive webinar for AACTE members, learn the latest on issues impacting educator preparation in Washington, DC.
Much is unfolding as the 2018 election season kicks into high gear. With the Senate canceling August recess, will we see the appropriations process completed on time? How did programs supporting educator preparation fare in the House Labor, Health & Human Services, Education, and Related Agencies funding bill, at least at the subcommittee level? What can we expect from the full committee and from the Senate? Will the PROSPER Act, the House reauthorization of the Higher Education Act, make it to the floor for consideration? Listen in and then get your questions answered.
This webinar will be recorded and posted along with presentation slides in the AACTE Resource Library. Visit the federal page of the AACTE Advocacy Center for quick access to past Federal Update webinars.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Senior Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2019 AACTE Awards
AACTE invites submissions for its 2019 awards!
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 20, 2018
- Best Practice and Professional Achievement Awards: October 10, 2018
Award winners will be honored at the 2019 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 22–24 in Louisville, Kentucky, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA