March 2018 Federal Update
Tuesday, March 20, 5:00 - 6:00 p.m. EDT
Join this members-only webinar to catch up on the latest activity in Washington, DC, related to educator preparation. Has the U.S. House of Representatives completed its consideration of the PROSPER Act (its reauthorization of the Higher Education Act)? Where is the U.S. Senate in terms of its HEA reauthorization process? Will an omnibus pass by the continuing resolution deadline of March 23, and what is the projection for education funding for FY18? What’s the appropriations process look like for FY19? These and other subjects will be covered in this hour-long webinar.
This webinar will include a presentation and time for Q & A. It also will be recorded and posted in the AACTE Resource Library for future reference. Visit the federal page of the AACTE Advocacy Center for quick access to past Federal Update webinars.
Presenter: Deborah Koolbeck, Director, Government Relations, AACTE
Call for Entries: 2020 AACTE Awards
Award winners will be honored at the 2020 AACTE Annual Meeting, February 28 – March 1 in Atlanta, Georgia, during the general sessions.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2021 – February 26-28, Washington State Convention Center | Seattle, WA
- 2022 – March 4-6, New Orleans Marriott | New Orleans, LA
- 2023 – February 25-27, JW Marriott Indianapolis | Indianapolis, IN
Annual Meeting Site Selection Procedures
AACTE considers many factors in determining its future locations for the Annual Meeting, which brings together over 2,000 individuals in the educator preparation field each year. These factors include but are not limited to geographic and cultural diversity, attendee cost, available meeting space, and social justice considerations.
The following priorities guide Annual Meeting site selection:
- Selection of a site 4-5 years in advance.
- Rotation among U.S. regions, with at least one western region destination every five years.
- Urban destination with accessible airlift, affordable airfare, and local travel infrastructure.
- Available dates that coincide with AACTE's preferred time frame of late February or early March.
- Favorable antidiscrimination and accessibility policies, including those related to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, physical ability, health conditions, socioeconomic status, and marital, domestic, or parental status.
- Presence of AACTE members in the vicinity of the destination.
- Adequate amount of meeting rooms, exhibit areas, and other space to meet the Annual Meeting's needs.
- Accessibility of facilities/space.
- Compact Annual Meeting footprint.
- Proximity of hotel partners.
- Transportation logistics and cost.
- Sizeable block of rooms available at primary hotels.
- Guest room rates.
- Complimentary facilities or services provided.
- Rental rates for facilities.
- Food and beverage expenditure requirements.
- Labor expenses.
- Audio/visual rental costs.
- Incentives offered by either the destination or its subsidiary partners.