AACTE and National Association of Community College Teacher Education Programs (NACCTEP) Partnership
The National Association of Community College Teacher Education Programs (NACCTEP) and AACTE have launched a partnership for 2018-2019 to foster collaboration among their memberships through the common goals of advocating for, advancing, and diversifying educator preparation programs.
This pilot partnership connects 4-year degree-granting institutions and community college educator preparation programs to grow and strengthen the teacher pipeline, bring diversity to the field, and advance the preparation of educators.
AACTE and NACCTEP welcome community colleges to apply for the partnership program. Institutions participating in this partnership have access to an array of AACTE and NACCTEP benefits including discounted rates for conferences and events, a subscription to the Journal of Teacher Education, and access to joint NACCTEP and AACTE programing at the AACTE Annual Meeting. The full list of benefits includes—
- Conference and meeting registrations at member rates
- Subscription to the Journal of Teacher Education, including access to full online archives
- Access to members-only webinars and online resources
- Member discounts on AACTE mailing list rental
- Eligibility for committee service
- Quarterly Online Newsletters: NACCTEP produces quarterly newsletters that include a compilation of news regarding membership, upcoming events, community college spotlights, and current educational issues
- National Scholarships Program: NACCTEP provides financial assistance for teacher education students from member colleges
- Comprehensive Website: Members have exclusive access to member-only features on the NACCTEP website
- Networking Opportunities: Members have opportunities to communicate with other teacher education professionals from across the country
- Executive Board Involvement: Members have opportunities to nominate, vote, and participate on the NACCTEP Board
- National Lobbying Efforts: NACCTEP advocates on behalf of community college teacher education programs nationally
- Ambassador Program: Represent NACCTEP locally and/or regionally and provide a communication link between Board members and member states
The following organizations are eligible to participate in the AACTE–NACCTEP partnership:
- Not-for-profit, up to 2-year, degree-granting in education, domestic institutions of higher education
- Not-for-profit, up to 2-year, degree-granting in education, foreign institutions of higher education
Partnership Term and Dues
The partnership term will run from the date the partnership agreement is submitted and payment is received to December 31, 2019. The dues for this term are $1,000.