AACTE Research Fellowship for Educator Preparation
2014-15 Fellowship Application is closed.
AACTE has established a new program that aims to cultivate emerging scholars and support high-quality research in the area of educator preparation. Aligned with AACTE's mission, strategic goals and priorities, the AACTE Research Fellowship for Educator Preparation will engage education scholars in collecting, documenting, and disseminating research on innovative educator preparation practices to fuel program improvement and influence policy decisions. Through this valuable program, AACTE will support teams of established and emerging researchers with the goal of developing a sustained research agenda on high-impact practices, dynamics and economics of educator workforce development and other critical issues in educator preparation. Interested scholars are invited to learn more about the program below and apply by March 28, 2014 to be considered for the 2014-2015 fellowship.
Research Fellowship Teams
- AACTE will select up to two teams to participate in the Research Fellowship program throughout an academic year (the first will occur during the 2014-2015 academic year);
- Accepted research team(s) will receive an award of up to $30,000;
- Members of the research team(s) will have access to AACTE data sets during the fellowship; and
- Members of the research team(s) will be required to promote their research by presenting at AACTE's Annual Meeting, leading an AACTE webinar, submitting a scholarly article to a peer-reviewed journal and contributing to AACTE's blog, Ed Prep Matters.
- Each team must be comprised of at least one established research scholar and one early-career or emerging researcher in the field of educator preparation;
- At least two members of the team must be must be affiliated with an AACTE member institution;
- Applicants are required to complete a research project pertaining to educator preparation within one year that addresses educator preparation pedagogy or educator workforce development; and
- Sponsoring institutions must support applicants' participation in and cover travel expenses to the corresponding AACTE Annual Meeting.
|Call for applications opens
||February 3, 2014
|Call for applications closes
||March 28, 2014
||April 28, 2014
||June 2, 2014
||August 1, 2014
Questions? Be sure to read through the Research Fellowship Application Guidelines and Research Fellowship FAQs, and check out the Research Fellowship CV Template. Any other questions can be directed to Tim Finklea, associate director for professional issues, at