What is New in PEDS 2013?
Most of the information requested in the 2013 PEDS is the same as in our 2012 survey. Please remember these important changes made in 2012:
- The reporting year for degree and program completers was changed from July 1–June 30 to September 1–August 31 (Forms B3s and B4s) to match the academic year format used in the Title II data collection.
- Two new race/ethnicity categories were added to the survey to match IPEDS and Title II; “Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander” now is separated from the “Asian” category, and the new “Two or More Races” category was added.
The following changes were made to the 2013 PEDS, based on members’ input:
- Minority serving institution (MSI) status information was added to the Institutional Data (Form A).
- One new item on federal funding was added to the financial data section (Form B6)
- Three new questions were added to the Distance Learning section of the survey (Form B7)
- Some items were eliminated in the Admission Requirements section (form B8)
- Some questions in the Program Impact Data section were modified.
Additionally, some minor language changes were made and additional definitions in the glossary section were added to clarify items throughout the survey.