Building Teachers’ Cultural and Global Awareness to “Reach and Teach” All Students
Wednesday, April 12, 2017, 3:00-4:00 p.m. EDT
Classrooms today are more diverse than ever, and teachers must be prepared to “reach and teach” students from a broader spectrum of backgrounds. As of 2014, the majority of students in U.S. public schools were considered racial/ethnic minorities, and more than 10% of students were English learners who speak a different language at home. In addition to addressing the wide array of learning modalities, interests, and life experiences that these learners bring to school, teachers need to understand the increasingly diverse socioeconomic, religious, and cultural backgrounds that shape students’ development.
This webinar highlights effective practices and strategies for developing teachers’ cultural and global awareness in order to reach and teach all of their students.
- Karen Kidwell, Director, Office of Teaching and Learning, Division of Program Standards, Kentucky Department of Education
- Donna Brockman, NBCT, Director of Internship and Assessment, Kentucky Education Professional Standards Board
- Sharon Brennan, Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Practices and School Partnerships, University of Kentucky College of Education
Moderator: Heather MacCleoud, Director, Academic Programs, NAFSA: Association of International Educators
Call for Entries: 2018 AACTE Awards
Full call for entries will be available in May
- Outstanding Book Award: May 30, 2017
- Outstanding Dissertation Award: August 18, 2017
Award winners will be honored at the 2018 AACTE Annual Meeting, March 1–3 in Baltimore, Maryland, during the general sessions.
See What You Missed in 2017
Visit the Learning Center to watch video recordings from previous Annual Meetings. Welcome Sessions and Speaker Spotlight Sessions are public, while other recordings are available only to conference registrants.
Future Annual Meetings
- 2018 - March 1-3, Baltimore Convention Center | Baltimore, MD
- 2019 – February 22-24, Kentucky International Convention Center | Louisville, KY
- 2020 – February 28 – March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA