AACTE Announces 2012 Award Winners
AACTE is pleased to announce the following winners of its 2012 Awards program:
- Lifetime Achievement Award: James D. Anderson, Ph.D.
- Outstanding Book Award: H. Richard Milner, IV, Ph.D.
- Outstanding Journal of Teacher Education Article Award: “Negotiating Implementation of High-Stakes Performance Assessment Policies in Teacher Education: From Compliance to Inquiry” By Charles A. Peck, Ph.D., and Chrysan Gallucci, Ph.D., University of Washington, and Tine Sloan, Ph.D., University of California Santa Barbara
- AACTE–Southern Poverty Law Center Award for Exemplary Culturally Responsive Teacher Preparation (Special One-Time Program Award): First Place: Portland State University; Second Place: Ball State University and Texas Christian University (tie)
- Best Practice Award for Professional Ethics and Moral Dispositions in Teacher Education: Kansas State University
- Best Practice Award for the Innovative Use of Technology: University of Central Florida
- Best Practice Award in Support of Global Diversity: Northeastern Illinois University
Awards will be presented at AACTE's 64th Annual Meeting, February 17-19, at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Now in its 16th year, the AACTE awards program recognizes excellence in schools, colleges and departments of education. It also honors individuals who have made significant contributions to the Association and to the profession throughout their careers.