Membership in AACTE is institutional. Each member institution appoints a certain number of institutional individuals as Institutional Representatives. There are two categories of membership: regular membership and affiliate membership.
Regular membership is available to:
- four-year degree-granting colleges and universities with significant commitment to the preparation of education personnel and that meet all the criteria for regular membership
Affiliate membership is available to:
- not-for-profit two-year degree-granting domestic institutions of higher education
- not for profit two-year or four-year degree-granting foreign institutions of higher education
- not-for-profit companies, organizations, state education associations, regional education laboratories, university-based research or policy centers, schools, or other not-for-profit educational associations
- for-profit schools, organizations, associations, agencies, centers, corporations, or commercial companies