Associate Director, Professional Issues
Title:Associate Director, Professional Issues
Department:Policy, Programs, and Professional Issues
Reports To:Senior Director, Professional Issues
Salary:$65,000 / year
The Associate Director for Professional Issues will assist in the development and management of programs, activities, and member services related to the professional issues of educator preparation as well as research based initiatives. The Associate Director works closely with the Director of Research and Dissemination and reports to the Senior Director for Professional Issues.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides project management for program initiatives including, but not limited to;
- The Center for Innovation in Educator Workforce Development
- Accreditation technical assistance
- Fellowship programs
- Assists the Director of Research and Dissemination in developing and managing a data base that identifies expertise among the association’s members and tracks policy-relevant, evidence-based information, reports, and studies.
- Assists the Director of Research and Dissemination in developing and managing a resource repository on innovative practices, evolving issues and developing trends in educator preparation.
- Assists the Director of Research and Dissemination in tracking key national reports issued in relation to educator preparation and disseminating that information to organization staff and members including, but not limited to;
- organizing professional learning opportunities with staff
- attending briefings and organizing briefings with partners on current reports and research findings
- hosting webinars on current/relevant research related to professional issues
- identifying opportunities to partner with research organizations and members to engage in collaborative research activities related to educator preparation
- Assists the Director of Research and Dissemination in annual PEDS data analysis and in developing reports of findings for presentation to members and the public.
Journal of Teacher Education
- Manages the editorship proposal submission, review and evaluation process.
- Assists the Senior Director with contract negotiations for the incoming JTE editorial team.
- Oversess transitional and orientation meetings with incoming and outgoing editorial teams.
- Oversees promotional activities and events.
- Coordinates the selection of the Outstanding JTE Article award.
- Assists the Senior Director with topic development for AACTE Annual Meeting major forums, including coordination of JTE activities/events; major forum, editor’s roundtable, and receptions.
- Serve as the association’s liaison to the Committee on Global Diversity and supports work related to the Committee’s agendas.
- Contributes to the overall work and mission of the Policy, Programs and Professional Issues team and AACTE.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Earned Master’s degree in an education field, doctorate preferred
- Three-five years of experience in the field of education, teaching, and/ or educator preparation
- Understanding and awareness of national trends, best practices, and research in educator preparation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially in explaining complex information and resonating with a wide variety of audiences with varying degrees of subject knowledge
- Track record of successful management of large-scale operational processes, demonstrating knowledge and experience of process and system improvement principles
- Demonstrated ability to establish relationships and collaborate with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability and comfort level managing through ambiguity
To apply, send your resume to
. We are not accepting phone calls
Last Updated on Wednesday, 16 October 2013 12:01