|25th Japan-U.S. Teacher Education Consortium (JUSTEC 2013) ||
|From Thursday, May 30, 2013|
To Saturday, June 01, 2013
Proposals should not exceed 500 words, and should be submitted as an email attachment to
no later than February 1st, 2013. Please write "JUSTEC 2013: Proposal" in the subject line and type the presenter(s): Name, Title, Institutional Affiliation, and email address in the body of your mail.
Proposals should include:
- Presentation Title
- Areas of particular interest (please chose from "a" to "c" above)
- Summary of Research/Content, including rationale or purpose
- Potential Implications
- Brief description of your Presentation Approach.
Selection of proposals for the Conference will be made by the JUSTEC Planning Committee by March 1st, 2013. Decisions of this committee are final.
If your proposal is accepted, you will be expected to submit a one page abstract (format will be sent to the presenters) for publication in a program bulletin no later than April 1st, 2013. Please write "JUSTEC 2013: Abstract" in the subject line. It should be submitted as an email attachment in Word file.
The Japan-U.S. Teacher Education Consortium (JUSTEC) was established in the late 1980s by several deans of education at universities in the United States and in Japan in the interest of fostering joint research efforts into teacher education issues of mutual interest in both countries. The organization was established under the aegis of AACTE (American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education) and, though it has evolved from being dean-centered to being faculty/researcher-centered over the years, JUSTEC has continued to hold annual conferences of teacher education professionals in alternate locations in the U.S. and Japan.
The objectives of JUSTEC are:
- To provide opportunities for colleges and graduate schools of education to examine their study and practice.
- As an incubator for new ideas, to provide opportunities to give presentations and to engage in discussion and cultural exchange for scholars, graduate students, in-service teachers, policy makers and others who are involved in education.
- To facilitate joint study and collaborative projects between US and Japanese scholars/educators and to support scholars' and practitioners' efforts towards better education.
- To enhance academic networks between Japan and US scholars, educators, and practitioners.
For more information: http://justec.tamagawa.ac.jp/
Future Annual Meetings
2014 - March 1-3, JW Marriott Indianapolis and Indianapolis Marriott | Indianapolis, IN
2015 - February 27-March 1, Atlanta Marriott Marquis | Atlanta, GA
2016 - February 23-25, The Mirage, Las Vegas | Las Vegas, NV